Established academic publishers with a long history of service to the academic community are facing challenges positioning themselves with relationship to Open Access requirements and markets, as well as developing strategies to meet new digital opportunities and demands. With a mix of license types and technical solutions, academic publishers are looking for flexible partners for the distribution and marketing of their content.
ScienceOpen is a freely accessible, interactive research communication platform with the technological infrastructure to support multi-dimensional search and discovery, community curation and researcher networking. We offer attractive marketing at the article and journal level within a state-of-the-art discovery environment, as well as interactive tools and support for authors to promote their work and track their progress. Publisher content on ScienceOpen will benefit from the following services and features:
- Link back to the version of record on the publisher website with usage tracking and access management by the publisher
- Collection landing page to showcase your journal
- Context environment of over 50 million records driving search and discovery
- Dynamic search and filtering of all content at journal, publisher, author and collection level
- Article- and journal level usage statistics on the fly, plus quarterly usage reports
- Author-promotion tools for users to add lay summaries and share and track their work
- Publisher and journal collections promoted with a banner on all relevant content in over 50 million article records
- Community-run, researcher-led topical collections further promote usage
- Commenting and recommendation functionalities
- Post-publication peer review functionalities to further engage community
Promote your publisher or journal brands or create new interdisciplinary collections with your content. Mix and match Open Access and subscription content. We can also offer full Open Access hosting services.