Open access journals are changing the rules of the game in more ways than just making research freely accessible. In an “article economy”, article-level metrics have become increasingly important and author services can provide a competitive edge. A challenge for open access journals is to build up their reputation while convincing new authors to submit their best work.
ScienceOpen is a freely accessible, interactive research communication platform with open access at the core of our discovery environment. We can offer full professional open access hosting that connects our partners to major infrastructures such as ORCID and Crossref. Attractive marketing at the article and journal level within a state-of-the-art discovery environment, as well as interactive tools and support for authors to promote their work and track their progress can broadly increase the visibility of your Open Access publishing activities. Your content on ScienceOpen will benefit from the following services and features:
- With full-text XML and pdf hosting on ScienceOpen your DOI lands in the rich contextual environment of the ScienceOpen OR link back to the version of record on the publisher website with usage tracking by the publisher
- Integration with ORCID, Crossref
- “Submit manuscript” button to help reach new authors
- Collection landing page to showcase your journal
- Context environment of over 70 million records driving search and discovery
- Dynamic search and filtering of all content at journal, publisher, author and collection level
- Article- and journal level usage statistics on the fly, plus quarterly usage reports
- Publisher and journal collections promoted with a banner on all relevant content in over 60 million article records
- Author-promotion tools for users to add lay summaries and share and track their work
- Community-run, researcher-led topical collections further promote usage
- Commenting and recommendation functionalities
- Post-publication peer review functionalities to further engage community
Promote your publisher or journal brands or create new interdisciplinary collections with your content. ScienceOpen can host your Open Access content or link through to your own website.
UCL Press is one of our current customers utilizing Open Access hosting and other services. ScienceOpen hosts their open access journals in featured collections, and in addition, UCL Press has set up interdisciplinary collections that curate their content in innovative ways such as in their campaign to highlight their institution’s research supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.