ScienceOpen for Scholarly Societies
Scholarly societies represent a very broad range of publishing activities from highly professional subscription journals to new open access ventures. They have in common, however, a strong mandate to serve their scholarly communities. Scholarly societies depend on their publications to promote their field and support their members in a rapidly changing digital environment. With a mix of license types and technical solutions, scholarly society publishers are looking for innovative and flexible partners for promoting their content and members.
ScienceOpen is a freely accessible, interactive research communication platform with the technological infrastructure to support multi-dimensional search and discovery, community curation and researcher networking. We offer attractive marketing at the article and journal level within a state-of-the-art discovery environment, as well as interactive tools and support for authors to promote their work and track their progress. Your content on ScienceOpen will benefit from the following services and features:
- Link back to the version of record on the publisher website with usage tracking and access management by the publisher
- Integration with ORCID, Crossref
- “Submit manuscript” button to help reach new authors
- Collection landing page to showcase your journal
- Contextual environment of over 70 million records driving search and discovery
- Dynamic search and filtering of all content at journal, publisher, author and collection level
- Article- and journal level usage statistics on the fly, plus quarterly usage reports
- Publisher and journal collections promoted with a banner on all relevant content in over 60 million article records
- Author-promotional tools for users to add lay summaries and share and track their work
- Community-run, researcher-led topical collections further promote usage
- Commenting and recommendation functionalities
- Post-publication peer review functionalities to further engage community
Promote your society or journal brands or create new interdisciplinary collections with your content. You can mix and match Open Access and subscription content and take advantage of the full suite of author promotion tools to get your content seen.
For further information and individual pricing packages contact Stuart Cooper or Stephanie Dawson.